When you use LIPL's - LEXSHIP, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information.
Last Modified: 01-02-2019
Effective Date: 29-12-2018
Data Collections and Uses
This policy applies to any users of LEXSHIP/ LEXVYU services anywhere in the world, including any users of LEX apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy applies to any users of the services of LEX or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts LEX or otherwise submits information to LEX, unless noted below. This includes those who use LEX or its affiliates' services to:
- Ship / Send (Sender, Seller ,Shipper)
- Receive (Consignee, Receiver)
- Any other user of LEX's services (including apps, websites and API), and anyone else who contacts Uber or otherwise submits information to LEX.
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to LEX, such as when you create your LEX account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as LEX partners and third parties that use LEX's API.
LEX collects the following categories of information:
- Information you provide
This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your LEXSHIP account, which depending on your location and the services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo
- Request services through an LEX app or website
- Contact LEX, including for customer support
- Contact other LEXSHIP users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by LEX or on behalf of LEX
- Enable features that require LEX access to your address book or calendar
- Information created when you use our services
- Location Information
Depending on the services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, LEX may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and Wi-Fi.
- If you are a GSA or delivery partner, Uber collects location information when the LEXLIVE app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- Delivery recipients may use the LEXSHIP app without enabling LEX to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your LEXSHIP app. For example, if you do not enable LEX to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your Pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the Service partner during pickup of shipment, even if you have not enabled LEXSHIP to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, Consignee details, Products purchased and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the LEXSHIP apps. For example, in some countries, we enable Service partners and recipients of service, to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, LEXSHIP receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. LEX may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
If you permit the LEX app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection.
- Information from other sources
These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as ratings or compliments
- LEX business partners through which you create or access your LEXSHIP account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites who use LEX's APIs or whose API LEX uses
- Insurance providers (if you are a delivery partner)
- Financial services providers (if you are a Customer or delivery partner)
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
LEX may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
LEX collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient pick up / delivery of consignments and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
LEX does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
LEX uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
LEX uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about the service, refer a friend to LEX, or share ETA of the consignment shipped or expected to be received.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. This helps ensure that the customer using the app matches the LEX account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Customer support
LEX uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
LEX uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a Service partner may text or call a Shipper or Consignee to confirm a pickup location, time, availability with information about their order.
- Communications from LEX
LEX may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. LEX may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfil any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of LEX's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of LEX’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
LEX may share the information we collect:
- With other users
- For example, if you are a customer, we may share your first name, average rating given by pickup and/or delivery partners.
- If you are a delivery partner, we may share information with our Customers , including your name and photo; your location; your average rating provided by Customers; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a GSA profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past Customers have submitted about you. The Shipper /delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, and other transaction details.
- At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share Shipment ETA and Status update with a friend at your request.
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as User blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of LEXSHIP accounts that you may use
If you use a customer id / account associated with another party/ market place we may share your information with the party / market place. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A Customer using a Market place (e.g. eBay, Amazon etc) for Business profile
- A delivery / Ground service partner using an account owned by a partner transportation company
- With LIPL/ LEX subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, LEX may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With LEX service providers and business partners
LEX may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, LEX may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
LEX may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect LEX's rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person's credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including shipment information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With your consent
LEX may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
LEX retains your information while your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases, we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
LEX retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, LEX deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, LEX may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- LEX may also retain certain information if necessary, for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if LEX shuts down a user's account because of security incidents or unsafe behaviour, LEX may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new LEX account in the future.
Choice and Transparency
LEX provides means for you to see and control the information that LEX collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in the LEXSHIP app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from LEX. Customers can also delete their LEXSHIP account from the Privacy Settings menu.
Most mobile platforms (Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the LEX app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every Shipment, Service partners and Customers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the transaction went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behaviour. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both partners and Customers. Your Customer rating is available in the main menu of the LEX app.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in LEX's apps and will need to provide relevant KYC details as stipulated by the Government agencies to make these changes. You can also look up your transactions, orders and deliveries history in the User dashboard section.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from LEX . You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from LEX by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your shipments or information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the LEX apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.
SIGN UP TO SHIP